Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Up 2 Him!

I can't change who I am.  I can't be better.  I can't live up to any standard of holiness or righteousness on my own.  No matter what I do.  No matter what I don't do.  I can't.  And neither can you.

We are totally- and when I say totally I actually mean TOTALLY, like... in every way- dependent on the supernatural and loving intervention of God in our lives!  Apart from His Spirit living inside you and I, we are hopelessly destined to remain trapped inside a ceaseless cycle of failure and sin.  If HE doesn't work it out in me, it will ultimately never change (Although the pop Christian subculture might like to disagree).  You and I stand in utter need for God to make the sovereign, gracious decision to work in our lives.  The only real question is whether or not we will remember it.

Are you asking HIM to work?

Jesus says, "Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches.  Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit.  For apart from me you can do nothing." (John 15:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment